Department: Human Resources
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The Payroll Manager will oversee and direct all payroll functions, ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations, and manage the Payroll team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, train, and coach the payroll team
- Develop and manage processes related to payroll transactions
- Manage timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee payroll processing, changes to employee records, system upgrades and resolution of payroll system issues
- Ensure compliance with relevant federal, state and local laws, and internal policies
- Manage FLSA and local minimum wage increases
- Further develop payroll analytics and metrics, using data to improve processes, training and employment practices
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Collaborate with Human Resources and accounting teams
- All other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a multi-state payroll manager
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Excellent understanding of payroll software, Human Resources Information System (HRIS - Ultimate Software) and Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Detailed, analytical and strong with numbers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in payroll required, preferably in a managerial role
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) license preferred.
This position manages the Payroll staff.
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.