Loss Prevention Manager
Department: Loss Prevention
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Wage InfoWage/Salary: N/A
DescriptionPurpose of Position:
A Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the Loss prevention Department, including, scheduling, training, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions. A Loss Prevention Manager must maintain a strong LP & Safety culture within the store to drive shrink results, increase profits, and reduce liability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Detection and apprehension of external theft including check and credit fraud investigations.
• Investigation and case building of internal theft and policy violations.
• Monthly review of exception reporting tool.
• Conduct audits that affect store inventory and shrink reduction.
• Conduct front end fraud prevention training.
• Train managers on theft and fraud prevention practices.
• Increase LP awareness throughout the store.
• Develop and implement incentive programs that assist with the reduction of shrink and increase fraud awareness.
• Oversee the safety program throughout the store including, conducting monthly safety audits, documenting accidents, managing a safety committee, creating safety topics, and fixing any safety issues.
• Be involved in community retail theft organizations.
• Complete all other tasks assigned by supervisor.
RequirementsA Loss Prevention Manager must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Training:
The Loss Prevention Manager should possess a High School Diploma, or equivalent, or 2+ years of retail loss prevention experience, or a combination of both education and experience.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Due to having to apprehend suspects in theft, LP Managers must be able to push or sustain 50 lbs. of force. Visual acuity is required for analyzing records.
This position may require travel.