Dist. Center (SLC), UT
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The Industrial Engineer will monitor current operations and develop efficient distribution processes. They will analyze operations, design workflows and processes, reduce inefficiencies, and ensure final processes meet established quality standards. This person will design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and distribution issues, are cost-efficient, and ensure high performing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review operations schedules, processes, specifications, and related information
- Design operations processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste
- Develop and implement process improvements and work cross-functionally with the Information Technology team on technology upgrades
- Design control systems to minimize costs and operations issues
- Develop design and operations standards in cooperation with management and end users
- Prepare material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated costs
- Design the layout of facilities and assist leadership to determine staffing requirements
- Train on new processes and provide instructions and procedures
- Manage process documentation and prepare reports
- All other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards
- Documentation and organization skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Industrial Engineer, preferably in a distribution center environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification preferred.
This position requires some travel.
H1b sponsorship available.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.