Distribution Center Shipping Associate
Distribution Center, UT
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
To properly build and wrap pallets of merchandise prior to loading into trailers.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Shipping Associate:
• Sort, stack, and palletize merchandise that is dropped in ship staging by Order Filling.
• Build strong, square, sturdy pallets of approved height and prepare them for shipment.
• Identify, count, segregate, and label all hazardous materials on pallets.
• Wrap palletized pallets, create G-plates, and stage complete pallets in correct staging location, adding proper hazmat placard when necessary.
• Sort boxes from the conveyor, ensuring items are banded and all boxes are properly packed.
• Assist in staging of cross-dock merchandise.
• Safely operate all equipment used to perform job functions.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area, using a “clean as you go” approach.
• Participates in and completes end of the day cleaning assignments.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Have the ability to use RF devices, computers and basic math skills.
• Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Education and Training:
The Shipping Palletizer/Wrapper should possess a High School Diploma, or equivalent.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. The Shipping Associate must be able to lift 50 lbs. Visual acuity is required for inventory stocking and report analysis.
• Loud at times
• Dusty at times
• Indoor temperatures will fluctuate by season – may be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
• The operation of, or work near the operation of motorized handling equipment such as forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks, electric pallet jacks, conveyor controls, pallet turn tables, elevated dock doors, etc.
This job does not require travel.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.