Vendor Management Analyst
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Vendor Management Analyst is responsible for the development and execution of collaborative vendor partnerships to drive and maintain excellence in operations. The Vendor Management Analyst provides guidance and direction to support operational efficiency and compliance to defined standards, driving key metric improvement through process alignment, vendor engagement & education, and utilization of performance analytics. The Vendor Management Analyst collaborates with vendors and internal stakeholders to advance key initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all vendor information, including entry, splitting, merging, inactivating or activating, address changes, and coordination with AP.
- Serve as a point person for Wells Fargo Payment Manager onboarding.
- Coordinate vendor updates related to Wells Fargo Invoice Manager and Payment Manager (e.g. ACH, and credit card information).
- Coordinate vendor updates related to EDI and drive EDI onboarding initiatives
- Correspond with vendors, buyers, AP, and other company personnel regarding vendor updates.
- Set up manufacturer’s DCLs, calibers and gauges, and FFLs in Oracle.
- Update and distribute the vendor packet to all existing vendors and ensure all vendors have a completed and signed vendor packet on a regular basis.
- Implement necessary vendor changes relating to California Proposition 65.
- Maintain database of all insurance certificates related to vendors in Oracle.
- Confirm all necessary vendors have copies of their FFLs in Oracle.
- Develop, communicate, monitor and review operational goals/standards with top vendors.
- Responsible for analyzing, reporting and driving resolution of vendor operational performance issues related to on-time, fill-rate and other operational compliance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational processes. Leads new process implementations or enhancement of existing ones to improve replenishment, inventory productivity and product flow.
- Serve as subject matter expert and educator for Vendor Performance Standards content. Develop and publish updates & additions to standards as dictated by business needs.
- Perform data analysis, interpret data, develop presentations, and make recommendations to leadership on ways to improve vendor and operational performance.
- Collaborate with vendor partners and internal teams to identify processes that will generate additional value without incurring additional costs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Highly effective communication and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Proficient with Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, data analysis, etc.)
- Previous experience with Oracle
- Working knowledge of Tomax/Retail.net
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting or related field required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in vendor management/performance management preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install/move computer equipment
- The employee may be required to exert up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.