Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Store Manager is responsible for overall store management, enhancing the customer experience, meeting sales and profitability goals, and managing staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop business strategies to raise our customer pool, expand store traffic, increase market share, and optimize profitability.
- Meet sales goals by training, and providing feedback to sales staff
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Maintain and review inventory, labor, department, and store sales reports
- Oversee and audit cycle counts and price changes
- Review and sign off on gun log paperwork and keep store compliant with all ATF regulations
- Oversee opening and closing procedures
- Manage the Pro-Form, Spiff, and ExpertVoice programs
- Manage eCommerce orders and ship to store processes
- Manage store events, hours, and employment opportunities on the Company website
- Oversee sales training program, ensuring that all employees receive the required training on a semi-annual basis
- Supervise merchandising of entire store ensuring that the entire store is clean, faced, and straight at all times
- Work closely with buying staff to recognize sales trends and customer needs
- Train and develop the Department Managers in their daily duties; including, hiring, personnel coaching, and management to assess training needs and build career paths
- Enter and maintain Department Manager schedules in time and attendance system and back up payroll functions in Office Manager’s absence
- Work with the Facility Manager to maintain the appearance and functionality of the inside and outside of building and grounds, approve and manage all wildlife mounts displayed in the store
- Address all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned
- Proven successful experience as a retail manager
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- Customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a retail store manager required, preferably in the outdoor industry.
This position manages Department Managers in the store.
This position may require some travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.