Sr. System's Administrator
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure and maintain Windows Servers and desktops.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Adding, removing, and updating user account information.
- Management of Active Directory system.
- Management of Zimbra email system.
- Management of Sophos Email Filtering Appliance.
- Management of all aspects of VMware cluster and hosts running on UCS.
- Management, updates, and configuration of all aspects of LANDesk Management Suite and LANDesk Service Desk.
- Create, update, and manage all aspects of OS imaging; including image creation, updating, and deployment.
- Monitoring of critical applications and systems.
- Experience configuring and managing Microsoft Active Directory design, policies, and accounts.
- Experience configuring, installing, and managing Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7/2003 Server/2008 Server.
- Experience creating and editing Group Policies.
- Experience managing, creating, and editing DNS records.
- Experience editing, creating, and configuring Registry entries as well as possess a general understanding of how the registry is organized and works.
- Experience using OS imaging tools and protocols such as PXE, WinPE, Provisioning, Ghost, and ImageX/W.
- Experience configuring, installing, and administering endpoint management solutions such as LANDesk Management Suite or Altiris.
- Experience creating custom .msi packages, .mst transform files, or custom install scripts.
- Experience creating scripts using WMI, VBScript, and batch.
- Experience configuring, and installing IIS.
- Experience configuring, installing, and managing server hardware and/or components.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server and/or Zimbra.
- Experience configuring and managing VMware ESX/ESXi hosts on UCS, VMWare Infrastructure Client, and knowledge pertaining to virtualization technology.
- Experience administering network monitoring products such as SolarWinds or Nagios.
- A strong understanding of SAN’s and the technology they use to backup critical data.
- Experience monitoring volumes, CPU, and memory utilization across servers to ensure that performance is optimized.
- Experience configuring and monitoring email filtering appliances as well as analyzing mail flow.
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, and other network protocols.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively explain concepts, processes, and functions to non-technical staff.
- Must possess the ability and patience to train end users on newly implemented software and processes.
- Monitoring and responding to critical problems related to IT infrastructure hardware and services which may be during off hours.
- Participate in an on call rotation during weekends and/or holidays.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent period of work experience.
- Able to lift up to fifty pounds
- This position may require extended periods of time sitting at a desk while typing on a computer.
This position may require limited travel.
Sportsman's Warehouse is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.