Softgoods (Clothing/Footwear) Manager
Shift InfoType: FT/PT
Purpose of Position:
Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service. Assist customers in the clothing and footwear departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interview and hire employees
• Manage and train staff per company guidelines, including product and sales training, ensuring that each employee receives the required training on a semi-annual basis
• Address employee complaints
• Discipline, coach, and terminate employees
• Determine and input employees’ schedules in time and attendance system following payroll budget guidelines. Manage employees’ exceptions in time and attendance system and complete payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
• Plan, determine, and distribute work to employees
• Evaluate employees’ efficiency and productivity
• Perform opening and closing duties per company standards
• Manage department inventory by working closely with ICS
• Supervise merchandising of department while maintaining company standards
• Run price change reports daily and ensure they are completed by required deadlines
• Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced, and straight at all times
• Work closely with buying staff to recognize sales trends and customer needs
• Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and math skills are required. This person must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Department Managers should also be extremely detailed oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines and work well in a team setting.
Education and Training:
A high school diploma or equivalent; or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting, standing for multiple hours, repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for analyzing records and computer monitors. Some heavy lifting is required.
This position may require travel for training purposes.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.