Soft Goods (Outerwear/Footwear) Manager
Spokane Valley, WA
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
Manage the day to day operations of the applicable department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview and hire employees.
- Manage and train staff per company guidelines, including product and sales training, ensuring that each employee receives the required training on a semi-annual basis.
- Address employee complaints.
- Discipline, coach, and terminate employees.
- Determine and input employees’ schedules in time and attendance system following payroll budget guidelines. Manage employees’ exceptions in time and attendance system and complete payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Plan, determine, and distribute work to employees.
- Evaluate employees’ efficiency and productivity.
- Perform opening and closing duties per company standards.
- Manage department inventory by working closely with ICS.
- Supervise merchandising of department while maintaining company standards.
- Run price change reports daily and ensure they are completed by required deadlines.
- Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced, and straight at all times.
- Work closely with buying staff to recognize sales trends and customer needs.
- Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and math skills are required. This person must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Department Managers should also be extremely detailed oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines and work well in a team setting.
Education and Training:
A high school diploma or equivalent; or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting, standing for multiple hours, repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for analyzing records and computer monitors. Some heavy lifting is required.
This position may require travel.