Retail Systems Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Retail Systems Manager manages and supports all retail systems, server processes, jobs, programs, and software. The Retail Systems Manager has an expert knowledge in the administration and support of Retail applications, business processes, integration, and solutions. Custom programs are developed to ensure compliance with ATF agency and guidelines, taxing for each site, pricing, and promotions. The Retail Systems Manager will provide custom reporting as needed.
The Retail Systems Manager will manage all configuration changes including accounting, taxes, data management, and life cycle of current Retail systems. This department supports and ensures systems do not go down and processes work as designed. Supporting the Helpdesk is required for escalated ticket items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Retail Systems team with IT.
- Complete upgrades, testing, and all patching required for fixes in the Retail applications
- Monitor all production and development servers to ensure jobs, custom programs, and interfaces work as designed
- Develops PL/SQL procedures to ensure compliance with age verification, taxing, and all food tax
- Develops PL/SQL interfaces between Oracle and Tomax for sales, markdowns, and promotions
- Complete installs for JPOS client and resilient servers
- Complete the life cycle of promotions through testing, configuration changes, or PL/SQL programs. Example: Bounce-back Bucks, Employee Pricing, and Black Friday sales
- Support Helpdesk/Stores with receiving, transfers, RF, serialized items, cycle counts, POS, and daily reports such as Gift Cards
- Implement solutions that third party retail software cannot provide such as POS resilient database rebuilds and monitoring
- Conduct audits on POS clients and servers at each site. Review the configuration files, resilient database, and perform testing on each POS
- Manage other system administrators of the retail systems
- All other duties as assigned
The person in this position must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The skill set below describes skills currently used daily to manage this complex system.
- Project Manage/Manage personal
- PL/SQL programming
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and administration
- Support Linux printing solutions using Cups and LP server
- Knowledge of server hardware and support
- Oracle SQL
- Be an expert on the architecture of retail system tables and data
- Understand the configurations in the retail system hardware and software
- Professional relationship with third party vendors
- Outstanding work ethic
- Manage integration software from third party retail system
- Understand the business processes for SKU lifecycle
- Have a knowledge on inventory management/cycle counting
- Have expert knowledge on the Gun-log architecture to support all aspects of serialization
- General support for stores, corporate office, and retail applications
- 7+ years work experience in Information Technology and 5+ years experience in retail systems administration; or
- Bachelors degree in an Information Technology related field with 5+ years experience in retail systems administration
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to handle computer equipment
- The employee may be required to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.