Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The key function of this position is the management of all merchandise procurement and product mix evaluation activities including: negotiate with vendors to obtain reasonable pricing, quantities, and delivery dates and review of sales data. Establish improved procurement programs according to company policies and procedures. Assist in optimization of inventory levels while maintaining high customer service levels, and minimize product stock outs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for determining and managing product mix, addition of, phase out of, and liquidation of items to ensure achievement of sales, inventory turn, and margin goals.
- Work closely with Item Master Administrator to ensure accuracy of all data pertaining to assigned items.
- Maintain close working relationship with the Planners to ensure forecast accuracy, and systems maintenance in an environment of constantly changing products.
- Negotiation and administration of purchasing contracts, vendor return programs, and advertising co-op programs.
- Maintain files and records of product quotations, and pricing.
- Verifies and executes generated purchase requisitions and release orders created by the Advance Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) for the acquisition of products.
- Prepares purchase orders and verifies receipt of purchase of orders in preparation for payment processing.
- Identifies and resolves potential purchasing problems; follows up to ensure timely and accurate product delivery.
- Corresponds with suppliers and maintains contact with vendors regarding quotations and current status of purchase orders. Ensures all products are shipped and delivered to meet the purchase order due date.
- Avoid stock outs in all regions while managing risk of excess inventory and expediting costs.
- Communicate with store level personnel on pre-season needs and post season clean up.
- Maintain an understanding of national markets and product trends impacting current performance and potential future sales.
- Coordinate with planners on promotions, launches, and critical products for each store.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by management.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and math skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the purchasing department’s policies and procedures; along with the ability to create and maintain accurate and detailed records
Bachelor Degree in Business or related field, or a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a retail management position, or a combination of both education and experience.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time, and repetitive motions. This individual may also be required to lift up to 75 lbs. of weight. Visual acuity is required for analyzing data.
This position requires travel.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.