Department: Human Resources
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The Payroll Specialist assists in all functions of the payroll department, including reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records. The Payroll Specialist will investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with Federal, State, Local and Company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect timesheet data and payroll information
- Process and validate data changes in HRIS and other software program
- Calculate wages, benefits, tax deductions, etc.
- Prepare and process payroll which includes, direct deposits, manual checks, and garnishments
- Payroll reconciliation
- Provide time and attendance support
- Assist store and office managers with payroll issues, including resolving employee payroll concerns
- Complete special payroll assignments/projects as directed by Payroll Manager
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll laws
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel, and detail oriented
- Experience working with accounting and payroll software, specifically Ultimate Software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and accuracy
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of payroll experience preferred
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.