Legacy Shooting Center Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Shooting Center Manager oversees all aspects of management and operation of the shooting center. The Shooting Center Manager is responsible for planning, promoting and executing all events at the center, and supervision of all retail operations in the center ensuring the entire facility and all operations are maintained at the highest standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Shooting Center and its employees.
- Manage time and attendance system per company guidelines and complete payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Input required schedules into time and attendance system and fix all missed punches
- Conduct new hire orientations, explaining policies, completing all paperwork accurately, and submitting all required paperwork according to company directives and guidelines
- Regularly scan in all required paperwork onto corporate-specific drives in a timely manner
- Credit card maintenance
- Manage and maintain all employee files according to state and company guidelines
- Understand all verbal and written disciplinary action procedures and policies
- Meet all deadlines set by the corporate office
- Maintain and review the following reports: inventory reports, price change reports, labor reports, department and store sales reports as directed by supervisor.
- Review and sign off on gun log paperwork and maintain all ATF compliance rules and regulations.
- Manage all aspects of discretionary budgets including donations, store supplies, fixtures and advertising.
- Oversee opening and closing procedures per company guidelines.
- Manage, direct, and train the Shooting Center employees.
- Enter and maintain schedules in time and attendance system and back up payroll functions, following company guidelines.
- Ensure compliance and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Hiring, coaching, counseling, disciplining, addressing employee concerns and terminations.
- Manage shooting range events, hours, and employment opportunities on the Company website.
- Evaluate employees’ efficiency and productivity, and communicate accordingly.
- Supervise merchandise maintenance requirements of entire shooting range while maintaining company standards.
- Ensure that the entire shooting range is clean, fronted, faced, and housekeeping standards maintained at all times.
- Work closely with buying staff to recognize sales trends and customer needs.
- Work with the facilities to maintain the appearance and functionality of the inside and outside of building and grounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as good math skills and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent knowledge of all software and equipment necessary to perform all job functions; including: Tomax, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Cisco phone system, and eTime, etc.
- The ability to manage multiple employees, and work well unsupervised with a highly motivated mindset
- The ability to manage budgets and meet deadlines
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in retail management or shooting range management preferred
This position may require some travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.