Inventory Control Specialist
Shift InfoType: Full-time
At Sportsman's Warehouse, we provide outstanding gear and exceptional service to inspire outdoor memories. Our story began in 1986 when we opened our first store in Midvale, UT. In 2021 we now operate 122 stores in 28 states. We have plenty of growth and opportunity for individuals wanting to begin their employment journey with us.
Purpose of Position:
The Inventory Control Specialist troubleshoots inventory discrepancies at the store level when escalated to the Distribution Center (DC) and communicates with stores via emails. They troubleshoot inventory issues within the DC and conducts inventory audits and cycle counting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research inventory and determine inventory discrepancies
- Conduct cycle counting via RF devices, inventory checks, and load quality assurance
- Track excessive inventory adjustments and maintain accurate records of all reports and data collected
- Maintain a high level of communication with stores and field merchandisers to effectively resolve inventory issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and HighJump
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use RF devices
- Basic math skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of one year, warehouse, and/or inventory experience preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered active and involves walking or standing for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and stoop/kneel to handle computer and warehouse equipment
- The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds at any given time, on a repetitive basis. The employee may be required to constantly lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer and RF device work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a loud noise level (i.e. forklifts, semi-trucks, pallet jacks, conveyor belts, moving boxes, etc.). The work environment is loud and dusty at times, and the indoor temperature fluctuates by season
- The employee will operate and/or work near motorized handling equipment such as forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks, electric pallet jacks, conveyor controls, pallet turn tables, elevated dock doors, etc.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.