Hunting Department Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Hunting Manager will run the day to day operations of the hunting department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interview and hire employees
• Manage and train staff per company guidelines, including product and sales training, ensuring that each employee receives the required training on a semi-annual basis
• Address employee complaints
• Discipline, coach and separate employees
• Determine and input employees’ schedules in time and attendance system following payroll budget guidelines. Manage employees’ exceptions in time and attendance system and complete payroll in a timely and accurate manner
• Plan, determine and distribute work to employee's
• Evaluate employees’ efficiency and productivity
• Perform opening and closing duties per company standards
• Research inventory discrepancies
• Manage negative inventory report as needed, adjusting negatives each week
• Supervise merchandising of department while maintaining company standards
• Run price change reports daily and ensure they are completed by required deadlines
• Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced, and straight at all times
• Work closely with buying staff to recognize sales trends and customer needs
• Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management
• Ensure all firearms are received (logged-in), transferred (sold), and disposed (logged-out) in compliance with state and federal laws, company procedures and company guidelines
• Prior to working with firearms, ensure all Hunting Department staff have read and signed the Hunting: Employee Manual, viewed the NSSF “Don’t Lie” video, viewed the on-line ATF Form 4473 training module, and taken the associated quiz.
• Communicate with the Compliance Department for firearm and ammunition compliance related matters.
• Timely respond to ATF firearm trace requests.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills and math skills are required. This person must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Department Managers should also be extremely detailed oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines and work well in a team setting.
Education and Training:
A high school diploma or equivalent; or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting, standing for multiple hours, and repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for analyzing records and computer monitors. Some heavy lifting is required.
This position may require travel for training purposes.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.