Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The Human Resources Generalist will assist the Director of Human Resources in new hire onboarding, internal training programs, employee relations, HR reporting and analytics, and various HR administrative tasks. The Human Resources Generalist will demonstrate conflict management, problem-solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills. The Human Resources Generalist will be comfortable managing complex employee related issues, ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain employees’ records within the HRIS.
- Assist leadership with employee development and performance management.
- Schedule meetings, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate and conduct training sessions and seminars.
- Perform new hire orientations and update new hire records.
- Conduct new hire background checks.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Investigate employee relations issues, advise leadership on best practices.
- Participate in audits as required.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Labor Law and regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a Human Resources role preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SHRM or PHR Certification preferred.
This position may require some travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.