Gunsmith SLC, UT
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The Gun Technician will provide firearms services ranging from reviewing, evaluating and consulting customers and Gunsmiths on work performed. The Gun Technician will assist the Gunsmithing operation through low level firearms servicing, ensuring company compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer e-mail, social media, and phone call inquiries regarding services.
- Assist customers with inquiries about Gunsmithing services offered.
- Operate the service counter to deal with walk in customers and deliveries.
- Maintain service records of firearms waiting for service, in service, and ready for return to customer.
- Assist Gunsmith Service Manager to ensure compliance with all State and Federal (ATF) regulations.
- May assist in light serving of firearms, including cleaning, mounting optics, Cerakoting and laser engraving.
- Conduct and assist in firearm and product inventories at the Gunsmithing center.
- Ensure all services are priced appropriately and parts/labor are paid for in accordance with company processes.
- Order parts and tooling as required for customer and Gunsmith Center facilities.
- Attend functions to support the business as needed, such as gun shows, and educational seminars
- Pack and ensure shipment of customer firearms to final destination.
- Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced and straight at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and eye for perfection in work.
- A thorough technical understanding of a wide range of firearms as well as common repairs and modifications
- Great customer service, communication, and organizational skills. The ability to work closely with customers and co-workers is also required.
- Ability to learn skills and techniques from Gunsmith II – Service Manager
- Ability to maintain quality and time standards as mandated by Sportsman’s Warehouse Policies.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to reply to emails and navigate social media efficiently
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 3-6 months experience in customer facing, Gunsmith environment preferred.
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.