Gun Range Associate
Shift InfoType: Part-time
Purpose of Position:
The Gun Range Associate will be knowledgeable about firearms and firearm safety, be willing to firmly enforce the rules of the range, while maintaining a professional, positive demeanor with the customers at all times. The Gun Range Associate will provide world class customer service, with activities to include greeting and acknowledging customers, selling merchandise providing product information and facilitating training for all customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service while working the rental counter and operate the point of sale system
- Help customers choose firearms to rent and suggest additional necessary supplies for an enjoyable shooting experience
- Clean firearms regularly to maintain safe, proper function, and firearm warranty
- Supervise, guide and educate shooters while on range; adhere and enforce to company standards, rules and policies while on range
- Play a critical role in preventing accidents while on range and on company property
- Responsibility to educate any and all range users on proper range safety practices and exhibit customer service and confidence when rules enforcement is necessary
- Protect range and range equipment from negligent shooters
- Assist new/inexperienced shooters on range. Provide comfort and competence to any new shooter.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the shooting ranges and front end at all times
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to maintain attention for extended period time
- Must be comfortable standing up for prolonged periods of time
- Must be showered with clean clothes and frequently wash hands
- Multi-task in a faced-paced environment
- Possess common sense and an open mind
- Strong communication skills
- Safety conscious
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Firearms background preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Range Safety Officer certification preferred.
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.