Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Fishing Department Manager will ensure that each customer receives exceptional service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining loyalty to our brand, sharing product knowledge, and establishing customer relationships
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the department’s schedule to ensure proper coverage in line with labor budgets
- Open and close the store as a key holder, perform necessary opening and closing procedures
- Train staff to ensure that they have product knowledge, sales training, and department operational procedures
- Manage processing of freight to ensure accuracy and timeliness, including replenishment of back stock
- Maintain pricing, facing, and District Manager walk standards
- Complete SMART directives promptly and accurately
- Maintain accurate inventory counts, communicate product needs to planners and Store Manager
- Assist Store Manager as requested, including helping on registers, cycle counts, and other departments
- Manage team, coach and develop as needed, and discipline or terminate employees as necessary
- Interview and hire employees
- Evaluate employees and complete performance evaluations
- Address employee and customer complaints
- Promote and grow Sportsman’s Warehouse Programs including Loyalty and Explorer Rewards
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work closely with customers, associates, and the management team
- Must have excellent problem-solving abilities
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must have fishing product and merchandising knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in retail sales and management, or equivalent training required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
This position manages Fishing and Janitorial department staff.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered moderately active and involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, and stoop/kneel to grab items from the floor.
- The employee may be required to exert up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic)
This position may require some travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.