Fishing Department Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Wage InfoWage/Salary: TBD/Negotiable
DescriptionPurpose of Position
Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service. Assist customers in the fishing department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interview and hire employees.
• Manage and train staff per company guidelines, including product and sales training, ensuring that each
employee receives the required training on a semi-annual basis.
• Address employee complaints.
• Discipline, coach, and terminate employees.
• Determine and input employees’ schedules in time and attendance system following payroll budget
guidelines. Manage employees’ exceptions in time and attendance system and complete payroll in a
timely and accurate manner.
• Plan, determine, and distribute work to employees.
• Evaluate employees’ efficiency and productivity.
• Perform opening and closing duties per company standards.
• Manage department inventory by working closely with ICS.
• Supervise merchandising of department while maintaining company standards.
• Run price change reports daily and ensure they are completed by required deadlines.
• Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced, and straight at all times.
• Work closely with buying staff to recognize sales trends and customer needs.
• Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and math skills are required. This person must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Department Managers should also be extremely detailed oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines and work well in a team setting.
Education and Training
A high school diploma or equivalent; or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting, standing for multiple hours, repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for analyzing records and computer monitors. Some heavy lifting is required.
This position may require travel for training purposes.