Educational Services Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Purpose of Position:
The Educational Services Manager will design, implement and facilitate customer education across all markets to compliment programs offered by Sportsman’s Warehouse and its associated companies. Classes include hunter’s safety, concealed weapons, self-defense, first time shooters and other firearms related classes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design enterprise level standardized training curriculum for firearms related classes.
- Instruct firearms related classes.
- Develop and generate reporting on class attendance and performance metrics.
- Ensure adequate licenses and certifications are held for stores to teach classes.
- Work with Marketing department on promotions with vendors and store operations.
- Update curriculum to encompass relevant classes to the needs of the business.
- Create and maintain training materials, electronic and printed, for store personnel to reference in training.
- Work with state agencies to maintain trained personnel in each market for support of class development.
- Engage with the marketing social media team to educate consumers about available classes, posting to social media platforms as required.
- Develop and maintain department budget to achieve forecasted return on investment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to create and monitor key performance indicators.
- Proven record of successfully growing and developing educational classes and seminars.
- An excellent technical understanding of a wide range of firearms and safe handling practices.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Great customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have strategic vision and the ability to think on an enterprise level.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to set the vision for stores and personnel to execute.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing firearms sales and education.
- Equivalent work experience in related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A combination of NRA Instructor Training, Range Safety Officer, Concealed Carry and/or Hunter Safety, or equivalent certifications required.
This position requires travel, up to 50% of the time.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.