Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
As a Demand Planner you will partner with vendors, buyers, store operations, supply chain, ecommerce and marketing to manage:
- Store In-Stocks and Fill Rate
- Inventory, Turns, Weeks of Supply, Inventory Health/Age
- Sales and Margin
- Implementation of best practices to support Sportsman's growth
The Demand Planner is responsible for following the Replenishment and Planning best practices that support sales/margin plans and inventory productivity. This position will drive the pre-season planning and replenishment practices for a collection of categories to ensure that the right product is at the right stores at the right time in order to support the merchandising strategy. This position is responsible for utilizing their analytical skills to make data driven decisions which support planning and replenishment best practices. This includes identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement in your categories to your manager and working with your peers and POD partners to enable a strong cross functional, results driven team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve Sales, Margin, Inventory Turnover and In-Stocks as planned
- Develop best practices and execution plans to align category responsibilities to the overall corporate strategy
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of demand planning and allocation optimization, including in-stock and service levels for basic items, ecommerce items and promotional product
- Set targets and achieve plans for inventory required to support the sales, gross margin and in-stock plans
- Maintain appropriate levels of promotional product availability during promotional periods to maximize sales, create an excellent customer experience and minimize residual product post promotion.
- Responsible for managing store and ecommerce inventory to support the merchandise plan (and Open-To-Buy) objectives including the store-SKU level weekly forecasts in Oracle for assigned categories.
- Execute department and item level planning to drive unique store forecasts, ecommerce forecasts and merchandise assortments based on data analysis
- Actively create and lead special projects that drive growth and inventory productivity improvements
- Responsible for creating and communicating new item and ad item forecasts to vendors and merchandising partners
- Support the leadership team in the seasonal and annual financial planning functions
- Execute and measure performance against planning calendars to drive timely and informed decision making
- Support the leadership team to present within various meetings for the company (i.e. Marketing meetings, Assortment Reviews, Open-To-Buy, Vendor, Quarterly Business Reviews and other meetings)
- Integrate processes and systems to optimize accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, space utilization, and margin optimization.
- Respond timely and with a sense of accountability to questions from the stores and management regarding product level availability
- All other duties as assigned
- Solid written and oral communication across multiple business functions
- Strong ability to analyze detailed data to make solid business critical decisions and/or recommendations
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with peers and influence the decision making of others
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Comfortable presenting data and recommendations to peers and leadership team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or relevant field required
- 2-5 years of Demand Planning experience (or equivalent analytical experience) required
- Experience in Retail Planning or Buying preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to handle computer equipment
- The employee may be required to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
This position may require occasional travel to stores or the distribution center.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.