Contact Center Sales and Service Manager
Call Center (SLC), UT
Department: Customer Service
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Purpose of Position:
- Our contact center provides support to our ecom and brick and mortar customers and our store ecom associates via voice and written communication through a variety of channels including voice, email, and chat. The Contact Center Sales and Service Manager implements maintain and improve strategy and care center operations for customer satisfaction and revenue growth. They will oversee the Customer Care Lead teams who coach, develop, and conduct performance reviews for all customer care agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and retain high-performing leads and agents to support sales/service.
- Provide leadership of the 125+ team members through effective coaching and performance management, with a focus on developing direct reports.
- Establish and meet customer satisfaction, revenue, productivity, and quality goals.
- Create performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and develop strategies for constant agent improvement.
- Manage metrics, performance criteria, policies, and procedures.
- Partner with the training team and quality teams to identify and implement improved agent performance plans.
- Identify and resolve escalated customer issues and employee relation problems.
- Assist in the requirements for the growth of the customer care teams, including team structure, remote teams, and the technology roadmap.
- Determine operational strategies and complete system and productivity audits and analyses.
- Oversee phone and computer system performance and makes necessary decisions and adjustments in response to routing needs and contact volumes.
- Work with other departments in the organization, creating a strong partnership with Ecom, Store Operations, and Ecom Systems.
- Provide team motivation and development to maximize sales opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in management, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of softphone technology and email management systems
- Experience developing and implementing customer service skills and standards
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience in managing supervisor-level employees who will be responsible for the day-to-day execution.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Exceptional customer service and active listening skills
- Adaptability and accountability
- Strong leadership abilities and the ability to lead a diverse team, creating a high level of accountability and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and ability to manage hybrid-remote employees as needed
- Proficient with computers and the ability to type at least 45 WPM
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of customer service management experience is required.
- Experience in fraud management systems and the Hybris eCommerce platform preferred, preferably in an online retail customer support environment.
- Solid understanding of contact center technology (ACD, WFM, QA, IVR, and KM). Preferred experience with AWS Connect and/or Kustomer.
- This position directly manages 1-2 salaried supervisors, plus 4-6 hourly team leads, and oversees indirectly up to 125 team members, including work from home and other locations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representatives of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This position is considered sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install/move computer equipment
- The employee may be required to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic)
This position requires some travel, up to 10%.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.