Contact Center Assistant Manager -Training and Quality
Call Center (SLC), UT
Department: Customer Service
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Purpose of Position:
The Assistant Manager of Training and Quality is responsible for directing the operational activities of the Training and Quality Teams to align with the strategic initiatives of Sportsman’s Warehouse Contact Center. Responsible for developing and managing the training, onboarding, and quality assurance functions for 150+ agents. They must also possess a passion for enhancing customer satisfaction, as well as experience in inbound sales. The Contact Center Assistant Manager for Training and Quality reports to the Contact Center Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Training and Quality Assurance Leads and their teams. This position requires a high level of organization, focusing on agent training and ongoing improvement.
- Works with the Training Lead to build, update, and maintain sales and training presentations, job aids, reference material, and other agent developmental tools that can be effectively delivered both virtually and in person.
- Works with the Quality Lead to oversee the process of assessing, coaching, and implementing quality standards for inbound/outbound calls and written correspondence for Contact Center agents.
- Meet all agreed-upon KPIs and performance parameters.
- Oversees the scheduling for all training and quality efforts, ensuring goals and deadlines are met.
- Deliver and host energetic, and engaging training and meetings
- Develop and grow their direct reports, plus guide the development and accountability of their respective 3-5 member specialist teams.
- Prepare reports and analyze contact center data to identify training needs, improve processes, and ensure resources are properly allocated, and efficiency is maximized.
- Review and send trend data to the site management team on call center associates’ technical proficiency, customer service performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assist contact center leadership in identifying trends and establishing contact center goals. Provide feedback to contact center team leaders and managers.
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer care.
- Must have excellent time management skills and personal motivation.
- Experience and ability to manage hybrid-remote employees.
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels within the company.
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of call center experience is required, with at least 2 years in a leadership position required, preferably in a related capacity.
- 2 years of experience managing Knowledge Base or Knowledge Management systems
- This position manages the Training and Quality teams.
- 2-3 non-exempt Lead level direct reports. Plus, an additional 6-10 non-exempt Specialist level in-direct reports.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representatives of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This position is considered sedentary and involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone, and stoop/kneel to handle computer equipment.
- The employee may be required to exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic).
- Regular attendance is required to perform the duties of this job.
This position requires some travel, up to 10%.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.