Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Compliance Auditor is to oversee firearm and other regulated merchandise compliance at Sportsman's Warehouse locations (including SW E-commerce) and to conduct simulated ATF compliance inspections at existing and future store locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive travel to existing and new store locations
- Conducting random simulated ATF compliance inspections at existing and future store locations
- Training Hunting Department personnel at existing and future store locations
- Applying for and renewing federal, state and city firearm and related licenses
- Reviewing state and federal laws continually to ensure compliance at Sportsman's Warehouse locations
- Attending actual ATF inspections at Sportsman's Warehouse locations
- Attending industry seminars and other events promoting lawful trade in the firearm industry
- Extensive written and verbal correspondence with ATF, legal counsel, consultants and store personnel
- Review of Tomax and Oracle Discoverer reports to ensure store compliance with ATF and state regulations
- Taking in-bound phone calls from Sportsman's Warehouse locations regarding ATF and Tomax ‘gun-log’ related matters
- Review and execution of inter-store firearm transfers
- Review of Sportsman’s Warehouse SKUs/products to ensure company compliance with ATF, state and other laws and/or regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of e-mail, internet, Micro-soft Word, Mirco-soft Excel, Tomax, Oracle and Oracle Discoverer
Education and Training:
This position requires a four (4) year college education or equivalent work experience.
This position requires extensive travel. The travel requirements can be in excess of two (2) weeks per month. Actual ATF compliance inspections are generally unannounced so it is necessary to travel at very short notice to attend these events.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.