Department: Customer Service
Shift InfoType: Temporary
Wage/Hourly: Minimum Wage
Purpose of Position:
A Cashier/Customer Service Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the very best in customer service by greeting customers upon entrance into store and thanking them upon exiting the store.
- Clean, stock and straighten all merchandise in the front end of the store.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Help to keep carts neat and orderly, providing “wing carts” at all times.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Accurately ring merchandise through the register, ensuring that all tenders balance at the end of the shift.
- Count down the till with a Department Manager at the end of the shift.
- Check in customer’s firearms and fill out proper check in form.
- Properly issue gift cards.
- Properly tender loyalty program purchases.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management, which may at times include assisting in other departments.
Good verbal and written communication is required as well as good math skills and problem solving skills.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Cashier Experience
- Upbeat Attitude and Motivated
Education and Training:
A high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma are recommended.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting, and standing for multiple hours, and repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for completing work on computer. The ability to stand for extended periods of time is also required.
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman's Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.