Shift InfoType: FT/PT
Purpose of Position:
Perform hair cutting, styling and grooming tasks. Provide consultation to clients about hair care, new trends and styles, and suggest hair and skin treatments. Assist in a variety of day to day store-related tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome clients as they arrive in the barbershop and engage them in conversation to determine their needs
- Provide suggestions to clients regarding current hairstyles and favorite trends
- Answer clients’ questions regarding barbershop’s facilities and hair care products
- Inquire from clients about hair care preferences and suggest appropriate resolutions to hair and scalp issues
- Cut and style hair according to clients’ instructions or current hairstyles
- Shape, trim and shave beards and moustaches
- Shampoo hair - apply cleansing or conditioning agents to client hair, scalp, or skin.
- Provide clients with face, neck and scalp massages
- Check clients for scalp or skin disorders such as sores or abrasions and determine how to provide service
- Ensure that all combs, clippers and scissors are cleaned and sanitized after use
- Take telephone calls from clients and provide them with needed information
- Schedule appointments over the telephone and maintain records of work performed on each client
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Assume responsibility for the upkeep and cleanliness of workstations
- Perform up-selling services by suggesting retail products placed at the barbershop
- Ensure that sufficient items such as clean wrap sheets and towels are available on an ongoing basis
- Supervise trainees and apprentices to ensure that they are working according to the shop’s protocols
- Perform administrative duties such as keeping records and collecting payment
- Resolve clients’ complaints correctly in a bid to ensure recurring business from them
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage scheduling and multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail • Personable, social, understanding and patient
- Adaptable to a variety of duties as assigned by the Store Manager
- High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 1 year Barber experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Idaho Barbering License
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.