Assistant Hunting Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service. As well as assisting the Hunting Department Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Approach each customer using the 5 non-negotiable Friedman Sales Training Steps.
• Research inventory discrepancies.
• Resolve any scheduling issues in the absence of the Department Manager.
• Merchandise department following corporate guidelines.
• Complete price changes on time.
• Ensure that entire department is clean, faced and straight at all times.
• Open and close the store (if required by the Store Manager).
• Help to manage and train staff.
• Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management.
• Ensure all firearms are received, transferred (sold), and disposed (logged-out) in compliance with state and federal laws, company procedures, and company guidelines.
• Prior to working with firearms, help ensure all Hunting Department staff have read and signed the Hunting Employee Manual, viewed the NSSF “Don’t Lie” video, viewed the on-line ATF Form 4473 training module, and taken the associated quiz.
• Communicate with the Compliance Department for firearm and ammunition compliance related matters.
• Timely respond to ATF firearm trace requests.
Good verbal and written communication is required as well as good math skills and problem solving skills. The ability to manage multiple employees is also useful.
Education and Training:
A high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma are recommended. A good knowledge of Tomax computer system is required.
This position involves a variety of physical activities including: talking, hearing, sitting and standing for multiple hours, and repetitive motions. Visual acuity is required for completing work on computer.
This position may require travel for training purposes.