Shift InfoType: Full-time
Purpose of Position:
The Archery Manager leads all aspects of the Archery Department including Archery Merchandise as well as Archery service. The Archery Manager does not share or assume responsibility for Firearm sales or compliance within the Hunting Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out daily merchandise, pricing, and service within the Department
- Maintain proper organization of stockroom room and uphold in stock standards within the Archery Department
- Utilize business intelligence reporting to forecast sales and product needs in a timely manner
- Ensure Archery department staff is properly trained and able to service customer equipment and ensure customer satisfaction in product knowledge
- Assist in managing and training Archery Department staff
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to fully set up a modern compound bow to the customer’s specifications
- Must have professional verbal and written communication
- Must have the ability to work well with co-workers, management and customers
- Must be able to create a positive customer experience
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must have the ability to manage multiple people
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in retail/hunting is required
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is considered moderately active. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, and stoop/kneel to grab items from the floor.
- The employee may be required to exert up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity at 20 inches or less due to computer work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience a moderate noise level (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.