Accounts Payable Manager
Shift InfoType: Full-time
Shift(s): Monday - Friday
Purpose of Position:
The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the Accounts Payable department operates smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers, lenders, and employees, process payments from clients, and hire, train, and support Accounts Payable staff members. The Accounts Payable Manager will also serve as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and external parties, including lenders, suppliers, and government agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members
- Approving and processing department employees’ time cards, schedules, missed time, and requests for time off
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing payments, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Managing the daily payables responsibilities including the following:
- Invoice entry to include merchandise, non-merchandise, direct store delivery, freight, special orders, credits, and payment requests
- Working with statements, co-op allowances, defective allowances, and terms discounts
- Adherence to established Electronic Data Interchange communication
- Report as necessary to the Finance Department
- All other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge about accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and bookkeeping software.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze information and processes
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management, or related field desired
- Accounts Payable, Leadership experience preferred
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.